LANDED IN THE HOSPITAL

I wrote that last post- about Amos being sick and God shifting my perspective on it- earlier this past week. At that point, Amos had only been sick for a couple days... and I thought that was hard. ha.
I say only because he continued to fluctuate between better and worse, high and low fever, barfing to diarrhea or not, etc, for the remainder of the week. 6 whole days of this. It was very exhausting and confusing to say the least.

It all started on Monday last week and on Saturday we found ourselves in a walk-in clinic followed by the ER followed by the pediatric wing of the hospital.

I don't have much memory of what was going on in my head during all of that. ha. But I can tell you this- I wasn't anxious, I didn't feel worried, I was confident God was in control and was taking care of my baby boy.

I'm incredibly grateful for the revelation God gave me earlier this past week- a couple days into it, after being grumpy and confused about Amos being sick (read about it in my last post).

At that point, I realized that I had only been begging God for healing and asking Him for a quick fix, yet I hadn't been just leaning in to Him- the God who not only can fix the problem, but who desperately wants to love us well through our hard stuff, to be near to us, comfort us and show us Himself through it all.
He's super, super good to us, y'all, even (and especially) when we're in the midst of confusing and hard times.

Because He was so kind to speak to me through His Spirit earlier that week, it was clear to me that the best place for me to land- in the midst of all the fevers and doctor visits and testing and IVs- was right in His arms, with full assurance He was in control.
And I cannot say enough how grateful I am that I was able to do that, by His grace!

Because I knew I needed to just sit and talk with Him about things and let Him be near to me, I asked him about halfway into the week if we needed to take Amos in somewhere... His answer was yes.
So naturally, I asked Him if Amos was going to be ok and I knew in my spirit that he was going to be just fine.
Because this was true, I was covered in peace through the whole ordeal- In His peace, that passes understanding.
Why did this even have to happen in the first place? I'm not sure... But I'm honestly grateful to have had the opportunity to be reminded of my great need to depend on Him in and out of struggle. Also, His peace was undeniably with me and with us, I know that. AND after the fact I have an amazing testimony of His goodness to us.

Not only was He near to us, offering us assurance and peace, but He also showered blessings on us in the midst of time spent in the ER and hospital room.
Here's a list of some of those God- sent blessings.
- A friend of ours happened to be on shift in the ER when we were there and expedited our transport to the hospital for us
- Amos could see Ben out the back window of the ambulance and his face was priceless when he realized, "hey this is pretty cool" 😂😍
- Harvey got to spend a whole day with his Grandma Penny
- SO many friends and family prayed for us, checked in on us, visited us and loved on us through it all
- A dear friend of mine drove down 45 minutes just to visit with us
- Harvey and I ran into Johnny Appleseed (the mascot from our local baseball team) in the hallway at the hospital... he's a huge fan, and it totally made his day
- We got an official diagnosis on what was going on with Amos fairly quickly (a bacterial infection) and his treatment was quick, simple and painless.
- I got countless snuggles for 3 days straight!! (and Ben got some too)
- Our nurses were all incredibly kind and caring


I see you, devil.
I know you had a plan for evil for our family and for Amos, but my God is abundantly more powerful and able to work the worst mess out for good!
So there!
(hehe. I like to pick on the devil cause I know his place and my place. And he's under my feet, y'all.)


Comments