HE'S GOT SOMETHING TO SAY TO YOU

Do you guys hear from God? Like, regularly hear His actual voice? (Sure, He talks to us in lots of ways, but I'm specifically referring to His audible, conversational voice).

I hadn't really before... I mean, I can recall many times I've felt God specifically share something with me. But it wasn't like I was hearing His voice- it was more a sense that I just knew was from Him.

I'll be honest, it still feels weird to me that I can truthfully say I heard God tell me something. I feel real weird saying to my husband "God said __ to me." Because, come on, is that really happening??
But guys. I also love being weird. Especially when that weirdness is a product of God doing something supernatural and out of the ordinary from the rest of the world in my life.

God's been so gracious to me these past couple months to show me more of all that He has for us- His kids- in terms of relationship with Him and what He designed and desires that to look like. He's been showing me how He really, genuinely wants to be involved in our lives, and to have back and forth with Him like a friend- to know Him and be known by Him. He's showing me that He has a lot to say to us, often, but that we don't typically expect to hear from Him and so we just don't... our ears aren't open to what He has to say.

Did you know He has something to say to you?



Did you know that, right now, the God of the Universe has something to say to YOU.



I mean, this is super significant. And I think He really, truly wants all of His kids to know this and come to expect it from Him.

Since the start of the year, I made a commitment to pursue more of intimacy with Him (I did this initially by 40 days of fasting- which is a really good place to start if you're not sure where to begin). I realized that I was so good at knowing about Him and even trusting Him, but I recognized that I didn't feel a ton of love for Him.
I'd be singing a worship song on Sunday that went something along the lines of "Jesus, I love you with all my heart" and I would be singing and thinking "I don't think this is true, though... I wish it was, but I don't actually feel this way toward you, God."
I'm kind of embarrassed to say that, honestly. It feels really wrong. But, ultimately, it is because I didn't have that relationship- that back and forth, those conversations and that friendship.
But since being intentional about drawing close to Him- wanting more of who He is, asking for more unity with Him, believing He can and wants to speak to me and expecting to hear from Him about any and everything- I can honestly say I feel like I'm falling in love with Him for the first time (For real. I mean that.)... and am honestly hearing His voice lovingly guiding me on a regular basis.


John Eldridge explains it in His book, Walking with God, this way... The Garden of Eden was everything God had intended for us. Adam and Eve enjoyed sweet unity with God- walks with Him through the garden and conversations about the weird animal names that Adam picked out or whatever struck their fancy. They literally hung out together all the time and God talked to Adam and Eve like friends.
Then- we know the story- sin happened and they got booted out of the garden and experienced separation from God for what seemed like eternity, I'm sure. BUT THEN, Jesus came, shared Himself with the world, died on the cross and sent us His Holy Spirit. And the Holy Spirit's job, as described in the Bible, was to bridge that relationship with God and His people, again- to open the door again for God to walk and talk with every one of us. The Bible says the Holy Spirit's job is to reveal what's on the Father's heart with us- to communicate what He is saying as a mouthpiece- and to remind us of what's true and allow us to hang out (or commune with God) once again.

And so, if we're not taking advantage of that. We're totally missing something. Something amazing He has to offer us.

Because the gospel isn't just about "Jesus died on the cross so I can go to Heaven and be with Him some day"... but it's about having Him in our heart and living with Him here, right now, every day and experiencing heaven on earth- the fullness of what he has for us, right now! He's offering Himself always, so what of that are we going to take advantage of? What are we going to press in to? We can experience heaven on earth... we can have that same kind of relationship God originally intended with Adam and Eve in the garden. It's not so easy to do for us as it was for them, because, hashtag sin. It takes a lot of specific and significant effort, but I can't stress enough that it's what God wants for us, for you, with Him.
Because, literally, we're His kids. Do you have kids? Or who do you love most of all on this earth? God loves us 100000000 times more than that. And can you imagine loving someone but never talking to them? Never hearing their voice?

He wants to talk to you. He has things to say to you. Things that will be so so good for you to hear, that will bless your socks off and fill you in more and more on what the beautiful heart of God looks like. He wants you to take full advantage of His Holy Spirit He's given us.

Will you let Him share Himself with you?

Because, girl, without it, we're missing out. That's the truth.

And so, try Him. See if He wont come through. Open your ears and your heart to Him, expecting Him to share with you (audibly or not) and see what He has to say to you.
Start by fasting, like I did... or start by giving Him an hour every morning for the next month... start by reading Walking with God... whatever you decide, just do something to draw closer to Him all while expecting Him to give what He promises He offers.
And I promise He will meet you there.


Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me. 
Revelation 3:20



27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 

John 10:27

Draw near to God and He will draw near to you.
James 4:8

Comments